The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A workshop meeting will take place beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, April 12, 2022. No action will be taken during the workshop. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- The Financial Services Department will present the annual investment report. As per the City’s investment policy, each year the Financial Services Director shall submit to the City Council, a written report on all invested funds. The annual report will show performance on both a book value and total rate of return basis and will compare the results to the performance benchmarks.
- The Human Resources Department will present the plan for City Council training. Annually, all elected and appointed officials must complete ethics training pursuant to Section 112.3142, Florida Statutes. Attorney Jeff Mandel from the law firm of Fisher Phillips will provide Council with a training relating to this state requirement. This will be the beginning of on-going training(s) for City Council to meet their state requirement.
- The Assistant City Manager and Attorney Trevor Arnold will present updates on the splash pad at Holland Park. The park was closed in October of 2021 due to the rubber pad surface deteriorating, which became a safety hazard. While some repairs have been made to the structures, repairs to the rubber pad surfacing is unfinished. The presentation will discuss next steps for Council direction.
- The Parks and Recreation Department will present an update on the capital improvement project for Belle Terre Park. City staff worked with a Consultant and performed an assessment of the park. The City’s consultant, Sam Elsheikh of OLC Designs will provide a report on current conditions and recommended actions for Council’s consideration.
- The Assistant City Manager will present an update on safety measures in City facilities and a schedule for future safety updates.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes. Comment cards are available for contact information in order for staff to follow up with each speaker.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and both are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.