The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A special business meeting will take place beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 22, 2022. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- The Palm Coast City Council voted unanimously to appoint Ms. Denise Bevan as the new City Manager at the February 15, 2022 Business Meeting. Ms. Bevan accepted. City Council approved the City Attorney, the City Clerk, and Mayor Alfin (as the Council liaison) to negotiate the terms of the contract to be brought back to Council for consideration. A salary comparison chart from the Florida League of Cities and the draft contract negotiated with Ms. Bevan will be discussed for adoption.
- The Palm Coast City Council will review the eight applicants for the vacant District 2 seat and appoint one applicant to fill the seat until the November election is finalized. All applicants were invited to attend the special meeting. The appointee will be sworn in at the March 22, 2022 Special Business meeting and will attend the Special Budget Workshop immediately following.
- Following the appointment for the District 2 seat, the City Clerk will provide an oath of office to the newly appointment Council Member.
A special budget workshop meeting will take place immediately following the special business meeting. No action will be taken during the workshop. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- As a result of the partnership with UNF Mednexus initiatives, staff has been welcomed to higher education networking to enhance the City’s vision. Chung-Ping (Albert) Loh is the Associate Dean of Faculty, Administration, and Research in the Coggin College of Business, Director of Local Economic Indicators Project (LEIP), and Professor of Economics at UNF. Dr. Loh will present an update on the local and regional in economic conditions as they relate to Palm Coast.
- The Chief of Staff will present the Strategic Action Plan (SAP) evaluation results following the one-on-one interview sessions with each Council Member and the Strategic Action Plan workgroup. Staff requests that City Council review the feedback received during the interview sessions and come prepared to discuss amending priorities based on the collective direction. A second workshop will be conducted on April 26th to review and discuss changes applied from this workshop.
- The Director of Stormwater & Engineering will present the 10 year Annual CIP Update. This item is to provide City Council with an annual update to the 10-Year Capital Improvement Plan for all funds except Stormwater & Utility. This plan is presented to City Council to identify current strategy and vision to meet City Council’s goals, objectives and priorities as well as to satisfy infrastructure needs due to age, growth or regulation.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.