Palm Coast – Citation Parkway, between Seminole Woods Boulevard and Sesame Boulevard, was closed for construction in March and expected to re-open by the end of June. During construction, the crew came across an issue with a stormwater structure and a water main that required redesign. The structure that is needed has to be built and delivered from the manufacturer. This delay in redesign and materials halted construction on the project.
Citation Parkway is now expected to re-open to motorists in August and the project is estimated to be entirely completed by mid-September.
- Sesame Boulevard and Citation Parkway intersection will convert into one road, with Citation Parkway being renamed to Sesame Boulevard; the area that is Citation Parkway will be a two lane road with a multi-use path (sidewalk);
- Replacement of culvert on Sesame Boulevard;
- Access road to City property at what is known as Dry Lake;
- Intersection improvements at Citation Parkway (to be Sesame Boulevard) and Seminole Woods Boulevard with the addition of a left and right turn lane on Seminole Woods Boulevard and Sesame Boulevard;
- Intersection improvements at Universal Trail with the addition of a left turn lane on Sesame Boulevard;
- Drainage and utility work, plus installation of some new utilities;
The City wishes to extend apologies for this unforeseen delay and the impact it has caused to residents and motorists. To check the progress of this project, visit the GIS mapping website by clicking here and scroll to the project you'd like information on. There are details that show cost, timeline, and other information.