Palm Coast - The third month of the Mayor's 90/90 Challenge is on the horizon and the Palm Coast Parks & Recreation team has planned more than a dozen interactive, outdoor activities for participants to get their miles in during the month of March!
The challenge is designed to motivate residents to lead a healthier lifestyle and embrace a fitness routine.
The goal is to move at least a mile a day for the 90 days from Jan. 4 to April 3, but it's never too late to start! So join us! Be committed to a healthy you and enjoy these socially distant activities from walking, running, pickleball and more throughout the month by registering at parksandrec.fun.
- March 2 - 10 a.m.-noon - Dr. Seuss Read Across America Day at the Palm Coast Community Center
- March 3 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor, Director of IT Doug Akins and Director of Public Works Matt Mancill at Waterfront Park
- March 4 - 7:30-8:30am - Interval Running with the Mayor under the Hammock Dunes Bridge
- March 5 - 9-10 a.m. - Ruck at Waterfront Park
- March 5 - 10-11 a.m. - Gopher Tortoise Nature Walk at Waterfront Park
- March 10 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Parks & Recreation Director Lauren Johnston
- March 12 - 3-4 p.m. - Run Waterfront Park with Ally and Sophia
- March 13 - 10 a.m.-noon - Paddle Long Creek at Long Creek Nature Preserve
- March 15 - 5-6 p.m. - Mayor's 90/90 Fitness on the Water at the Palm Coast Aquatics Center
- March 17 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Director of Implementation Steve Harris at Waterfront Park
- March 18 - 5:30-6:30 p.m. - Mayor's 90/90 Masters Swim at the Palm Coast Aquatics Center
- March 19 - 9-10 a.m. - Ruck at Waterfront Park
- March 24 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Utility Director Steve Flanagan
- March 25 - 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Nature Walk at Long Creek Nature Preserve
- March 25 - 4:30-5:30 p.m. - Walk with The Observer over Hammock Dunes Bridge
- March 26 - 3-4 p.m. - Run Waterfront Park with Ally and Sophia
- March 28 - 9 a.m.-noon - Mayor's 90/90 Pickleball Tournament at Holland Park
- March 31 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and the Parks & Recreation Department
You can also choose your own form of exercise and complete it anywhere in Palm Coast or Flagler County. Log your miles or minutes of activity performed at www.palmcoastconnect.com and share your progress along the way on social media using #Mayors9090 and #ConnectToFitness.
Additionally, the city has partnered with several local businesses - fitness and food focused - to spread the word about the challenge.
The following local fitness related businesses are spreading the word about the Mayor's 90/90 Challenge:
If you are out and about, enjoying local eateries, check out the following establishments:
- Green Lion Café
- Clean Eats
- Good Vibes Nutrition
- Cantina Louie
- The Brass Tap
- Purdees Tropical Flavored Ice
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by signing up for weekly updates. Visit www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review to get started today.