Palm Coast - The second month of the Mayor's 90/90 Challenge is quickly approaching and the Palm Coast Parks & Recreation team has planned various fun and exhilarating activities for participants to get their miles in during the month of February!
The challenge is designed to motivate residents to lead a healthier lifestyle and embrace a fitness routine. So far, 177 residents have registered to complete the challenge, and 18 teams have formed to keep the momentum going. In just the first month, participants have totaled more than 7800 miles!
The goal is to move at least a mile a day for the 90 days from Jan. 4 to April 3, but it's never too late to start! So join us! Be committed to a healthy you and enjoy these socially distant activities throughout the month by registering at parksandrec.fun.
- Feb. 3 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Director of Citizen Engagement Cynthia Schweers at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 4 - Noon-1 p.m. - Healthy Hearts Lunchtime Zumba® sponsored by AdventHealth the Palm Coast Community Center
- Feb. 5 - 9-10 a.m. - Ruck with Jared at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 10 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and City Clerk Virginia Smith at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 12 - 3-4 p.m. - Run Waterfront Park with Ally and Sophia
- Feb. 15 - 10-11 a.m. - Mayor's 90/90 Monday Funday with Miss Ashley at the Palm Coast Community Center
- Feb. 17 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Director of Stormwater and Engineering Carl Cote at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 18 - 7:30-8:30 a.m. - Interval Running with the Mayor under the Hammock Dunes Bridge
- Feb. 19 - 9-10 a.m. - Ruck with Jared at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 24 - 4-5 p.m. - Walk with the Mayor and Fire Chief Gerard Forte at Waterfront Park
- Feb. 26 - 3-4 p.m. - Run Waterfront Park with Ally and Sophia
- Feb. 27 - 9 a.m.-noon - Bike Ride with Vice Mayor Branquinho, start at City Hall
You can also choose your own form of exercise and complete it anywhere in Palm Coast or Flagler County. Log your miles or minutes of activity performed at www.palmcoastconnect.com and share your progress along the way on social media using #Mayors9090 and #ConnectToFitness.
Additionally, the city has partnered with several local businesses - fitness and food focused - to spread the word about the challenge.
The following local fitness related businesses are spreading the word about the Mayor's 90/90 Challenge:
If you are out and about, enjoying local eateries, check out the following establishments:
- Green Lion Café
- Clean Eats
- Good Vibes Nutrition
- Cantina Louie
- The Brass Tap
- Purdees Tropical Flavored Ice
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by signing up for weekly updates. Visit www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review to get started today.