Palm Coast - The deadline is approaching for teens to submit an application to be part of the Palm Coast Teen Council, a leadership program that allows local students to freely express their ideas and opinions and serve as advocates for teens throughout Palm Coast and Flagler County.
The Teen Council serves as an opportunity for teenagers, ages 13-17, to share in civic engagements, leadership opportunities, community service, recreational outings, fundraising events, and special events. Students will also be able to earn volunteer hours for school, gain experience for college and make new friends.
The council will meet at the Palm Coast Community Center located at 305 Palm Coast Pkwy NE from 5-6:30 p.m. on the following Mondays: Feb.4, March 4, April 1, and May 6. It is free to participate. Applications can be obtained at www.palmcoastgov.com/recreation and must be submitted by Jan. 20.
In addition to Teen Council, Palm Coast Parks & Recreation is offering many programs for teens this winter and spring. Some programs even take place during Flagler County Schools Spring Break, March 11-15, and other non-school days. A sampling:
- Teen Adventure Trips to Autobahn Indoor Speedway and The Edge Rock Climbing (both in Jacksonville)
- Teen Mountain Biking Program (offered at Mala Compra Mountain Bike Trail and Linear Park)
- Palm Coast Master Builders: Mindstorm EV3 Robots
- Kids in the Kitchen for Homeschoolers
- Cooking is Science
- Cooking Matters for Chefs and Kids
- Green Rallies Tennis
- Junior Development Tennis
- Spring Break Middle School Camp
- Tennis Camps
To participate in these events, please register at www.parksandrec.fun/teens. Information such as dates and times is also available in the Activity Guide at www.palmcoastgov.com/recreation. For more information, call Parks & Recreation at 386-986-2323.