NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee for Flagler County, Florida, will conduct a public hearing on October 9, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. in the Financial Services Conference Room, Third Floor, Government Services Building, Bunnell, Florida. The purpose of the public hearing is to receive public comment on proposed recommendations for the 2019-2022 State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Local Housing Assistance Plan's affordable housing incentive strategies for Flagler County and the City of Palm Coast. The incentive strategies include:
- The processing of approvals of development orders or permits, as defined in s. 163.3164(7) and (8), for affordable housing projects is expedited to a greater degree than other projects.
- The modification of impact-fee requirements, including reduction or waiver of fees and alternative methods of fee payment for affordable housing.
- The allowance of flexibility in densities for affordable housing.
- The reservation of infrastructure capacity for housing for very-low-income persons, low-income persons, and moderate-income persons.
- The allowance of affordable accessory residential units in residential zoning districts.
- The reduction of parking and setback requirements for affordable housing.
- The allowance of flexible lot configurations, including zero-lot-line configurations for affordable housing.
- The modification of street requirements for affordable housing.
- The establishment of a process by which a local government considers, before adoption, policies, procedures, ordinances, regulations, or plan provisions that increase the cost of housing.
- The preparation of a printed inventory of locally owned public lands suitable for affordable housing.
- The support of development near transportation hubs and major employment centers and mixed-use developments.
This hearing is held pursuant to the requirements of Section 420.9076, F.S. A copy of the affordable housing incentive strategies report will be available for review in the Flagler County SHIP Office at 1769 E. Moody Boulevard, Building 2, Bunnell, Florida 32110.
All interested persons may appear at the public meeting. All persons are advised that if they decide to appeal any decision made at this public hearing, they will need to ensure a verbatim record of the proceeding is made, which includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
The Financial Services Conference Room is a handicapped accessible facility. If any accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, please contact the Flagler County SHIP office at 386-313-4037 or email@example.com a minimum of 3 days prior to the meeting.