Information Technology (IT) is committed to serving the business operations of the City by providing enterprise-wide integrated system solutions and quality customer service to ensure the efficient utilization of technology resources and investments.
IT is responsible for delivering quality services in the areas of systems support, network operations, application development, communications, video broadcast, and geographical information systems (GIS). IT provides customer service and support for all city departments and the applications that service our citizens.
Currently, there are over 325 desktop/laptop computers, more than 20 servers and the network currently spans 11 locations throughout the City. The network is primarily made up of carrier class circuits but these are rapidly being replaced as the new city owned Fiber Network comes online. IT also handles all communications needs to include cellular phone accounts, desktop phones, and over 300 800MHz radios. Each month the IT Help Desk receives approximately 500 requests for assistance from users within our city departments.
The Information Technology Department is divided into the following categories:
- Administration & Management – Manage day to day operations of voice and data networks to ensure a high level of data integrity and systems availability.
- Support Services – Support all aspects of departmental business functions throughout the city, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Application Development – Develop and maintain network enabled information applications to maximize external communications and streamline core internal business processes.
- Communications – Perform technical assignments related to telecommunications systems citywide to include installation and support of internal voice network and all cellular communications.
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) – Provide mapping services to various departments throughout the city.
Palm Coast, FL 32164