Health and Safety in the Home
Discuss the leading causes and toll of residential fires in the US and City of Palm Coast. Empower Palm Coast residents and visitors to ensure that their homes and families are fire safe.
- Fire Prevention and Preparedness
- Smoke Detectors
- Exit Drills in the Home (Escaping a Fire)
- Fire Extinguishers
- When do you call 911?
- Fire Facts
Health and Safety in the Work Place
Discuss on why work place health and safety procedures are necessary for the well-being of both employers and employees.
- Examples of Safety Equipment
- How to be involved
- Common workplace mistakes
- Awareness of Emergency Procedures
- Illness or Traumatic Injury Procedure
Our Role in the Community
Discuss how the Palm Coast FD Fire Department core values protect lives, property, and the environment through preparedness, prevention, public education, and emergency response with an emphasis on quality services, efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
- Makeup of the department
- Fire Suppression
- Specialty programs
- Fire Prevention
- Public Education
All Disaster Preparedness
Discuss how to educate yourself on the requirements for responding to fire, flood, hurricane or tornado. Being prepared can reduce fear, anxiety, and losses that accompany disasters. The City of Palm Coast & Flagler County Government has teamed up to create a Disaster Preparedness Guide. This guide serves as a helpful resource in understanding, dealing with, and making it through a disaster event.
- Create a Disaster Plan
- Alerts, Watches, and Warnings
- Disaster Supply Kit
- Hurricanes and Tropical Storms, Thunderstorms, Tornados, Floods
Seasonal Risks and All Weather Awareness
This presentation will tell you how you can help yourself and your family in emergencies. A lot of this information is based on common sense advice and may seem obvious or familiar to you, but it has saved lives in the past. It will also let you know what has been done to prepare and protect our community in recent years.
- Discuss the different types of seasonal events that affect Floridians.
- When certain types of events are more prone throughout the year.
- What can we do to be ready?
- Staying Aware
- Making a Plan