CPR and First Aid Training
The City of Palm Coast Fire Department offers CPR and First Aid Training
- We will provide workbooks for you to borrow the day of the course. However, we highly recommend you purchase a course workbook. The American Heart Association recommends that each student review the course information for two weeks prior to the course. Workbooks can be found at : http://www.aha.channing-bete.com/
- The youngest age for which we can offer a course is 13.
- All courses will start at 9:00 a.m. We ask that you arrive a few minutes ahead of time. A brief description of each course follows this section.
- A minimum of six persons is required for each course date. If fewer than six persons have registered, each person will be contacted to reschedule.
- Please review the courses listed below. A list of dates follows each course description.
- For further information on any of the courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare Provider (Cost - $65)
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide to a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, effective and timely manner.
Examples of those who may need this certification are as follows: EMS personnel, physician assistants, dentists, nurses, respiratory therapists and others who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course.
The 4.5-hour course is video-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate in, practice, and complete various skills and learning stations. We will provide a workbook for you to borrow during the course. However, we recommend you purchase a workbook two weeks prior to the course and review the information. Please click here to purchase a Healthcare Provider workbook.
This course will be located at Station 25. The address is 1250 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, FL 32164. The dates for this course are as follows:
December 16, 2017
April 20, 2018
First Aid and CPR/AED (9am-4pm) (Cost - $50)
Heartsaver First Aid is a 7-hour classroom course (includes 1 hour for lunch) that is designed to meet OSHA regulations. The course teaches basic first aid skills such as :
- Giving CPR to an infant, young child, or an adult
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Using a mask or barrier device
- Stopping bleeding that can be seen
- Helping someone with a possible sprain or broken bone
- Making sure the scene is safe
Student workbook will be provided for student to use in the class and keep for further reference.
This course is located at the Fire Station 25 Classroom .
December 16, 2017
January 20, 2018
February 10, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 14, 2018
May 5, 2018