Quick Contact Numbers

Main City Number / Customer Service
(386) 986-2360

Animal Control
(386) 986-2520
Building Insp. & Permits
(386) 986-3780
Business Tax Office
(386) 986-3766
Code Enforcement
(386) 986-3764
Communications & Marketing
(386) 986-3708
(386) 986-3723
Human Resources
(386) 986-3718
Fire (Non-Emergency)
(386) 986-2300
(386) 986-3730
Parks & Recreation
(386) 986-2323

Flagler County Info Line
(386) 313-4111
Flagler County Sheriff
(386) 437-4116

Visit Contact Page

This page was printed from : https://www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building/ownerdocumentdetails/139

Owner Permit Types

<< Back to Homeowner Permitting

Occupancy Permit - change of occupancy for new business

A certificate of occupancy specific to your business is required to obtain a business tax receipt.

A commercial alteration permit is required for any construction work to include, enlarge, alter, repair, move,or demolish any part of the building (including gas, electrical, mechanical or plumbing systems).   The occupancy permit will not cover that work. 

Cosmetic changes do not require a commercial alteration permit (counters, cabinets, flooring, painting, baseboards). 

The Florida Building Code 105.1 requires  a permit for a change of occupancy of a building or struture. 

1.  Submit an occupancy permit application to the building division

2.  Pay for the permit once it's ready ($74.00)

3.  Schedule required inspections

4.  Certificate of occupancy is issued once inspections are approved. 

5.  Present certificate of occupancy to the business tax division along with any other requirements to obtain a business tax receipt to do business within the city.

It will be determined during the inspection if additional items must be corrected and a re-inspection necessary.   If it is determined/discovered that construction work is necessary, the occupancy permit will be voided and a commercial alteration permit must be obtained.   

The occupancy permit application may be made online (online permitting button) OR you may email the application to buildingdivision@palmcoastgov.com