Contractor Permit Types
Commercial - Interior/Exterior Alteration
Do not use this permit type if you are adding square footage to an existing stucture, please use the 'commercial addition' permit type.
We have tried our best to provide all the information necessary on this page to help you understand the process for permitting your project from beginning to the end.
To inquire about a development order for your project, please contact the Planning Division at 386-986-3736.
A complete package includes the general contractor and the mechanical, plumbing, electrical and roofing sub-contractors if applicable.
All contractors must be registered with the building division prior to application.http://docs.palmcoastgov.com/departments/building/contractor%20registration%20form.pdf
Check here to see if a contractor is registered in our database - http://www.palmcoastgov.com/search/contractors
All communication is done through automated email notifications - please be sure to verify we have your correct email address on file.
The processing time for the permit is usually 5-10 days.
During the review process, if any additional information is required, you will receive an email with the details. Revisions can be submitted in the same manner you applied for the permit (manually or online)
When the permit is made ready, payment can be made online through our website. Once the permit has been issued, the job card, receipt and permit will be emailed to you. If you have submitted online, the approved documents can be downloaded from our website.
You may schedule inspections by calling 386-986-4747 or through this website.
All approved documents are required to be available for the inspector when he arrives. The inspector will sign your job card if the inspections passes.
Disapprovals will be left at the job and emailed through the automatic notification system.
You can follow the progress of your project from start to finish on our website - http://www.palmcoastgov.com/search/permits
- Inspections requested prior to 7:00 a.m. are performed the same day, requests after 7:00 a.m. are done the following day.
- Re-inspections are charged at $40.00 and fees do not have to be paid during the construction.
- Revisions are charged at $40.00.
The permit will remain active for six months from the date of issuance, and then six months from each passing inspection, if the permit expires without the required inspections, a new permit will be required.
What is required to apply for a permit?
- Permit application
- original and signed by license holder
- Signed and sealed construction drawings.
- Plans submitted electronically must be sealed with a digital signature, we will not accept photocopies of a signed and sealed document.
- Product approval specification sheet (if applicable)
- Energy calculations
- Proof of ownership - recorded deed or property appraiser printout
- Notice of commencement (certified copy) this is required for any improvements to your property greater than $2,500.The notice of commencement is to be filled out, and recorded with the Flagler County Clerks office in Bunnell.It is not required at the time of permit issuance, but will be required prior to any inspections.
Get the estimated cost of your permit here - http://www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building/fee-calculator
You may make application using our online permit submittal - http://www.palmcoastgov.com/eplanreview
(A signed permit application will not be required for upload if using the online submittal portal)