Contractor Permit Types
Right of Way Beautification
The city allows on a case by case basis, property owners to clear underbrush on city property that abuts their land.
Hand clearing of vegetation and maintenance to remove invasive species identifed in the Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council's Invasive Plant Lists is permissable; all other vegetation is prohibited.
No heavy equipment is is allowed and no excavation, grading or removal of any trees, including disturbing existing root systems. No installation or placement of permanent impervious material is allowed. Any
shoreline shall be maintained in a natural state to improve water quality and sustain wildlife habitat functions. Landcape littoral zone plantings may be permitted if a landscape plan reviewed and approved by the City.
An agreement is a requirement of the approval and permit. The agreement is assurance you will follow all regulation and requirements to enter and use the city's property for the purpose of maintenance and beautification.
The agreement must be completed and the original be brought to the city to be recorded with the Flagler County Clerks Office.
Please read the attachments below for detailed information regarding the general requirements and view a sample copy of the site plan required for submittal.
- Permit Application - if submitting online, an application will be generated for your signature, no need to upload one.
- Site Plan
- measurements from both sides of the rear property line to the waters edge
- measurements from both property lines to the limits of the proposed beautification of the right of way
- the quantity and types of trees proposed to be removed from the right of way
- Original Agreement to be submitted to City Hall
For questions or additional information, please contact the Stormwater/Engineering Department at 386-986-4750