Contractor Permit Types
We have tried our best to provide all the information necessary on this page to help you understand the process for permitting your project from beginning to the end.
Once you've made application, the permit is usually ready within 5 days. If any additional information is required, you will receive a notification email with the details.
When the permit is made ready, payment can be made online or in person and the permit will be issued. The job card will outline what inspections are required for your project. Inspections can be scheduled by calling 386-986-4747 or through the Online Permitting Portal on this website - http://palmcoastgov.com/eplanreview
All approved documents are required to be available for the inspector when he arrives.
The job site must be accesssible to the inspector or the inspection cannot be performed.
The permit will remain active for six months from the date of issuance, if the permit expires without the required inspections, a new permit will be required.
- A final survey to include drainage (topographic) will be required prior to the final inspection.
What is required to apply for a permit?
- Completed permit application
- Swimming Pool Safety Act Acknowlegement
- Complete site-specific pool construction plans signed and sealed by a Florida licensed professional engineer. Plans shall include all construction details for the pool and any related structural elements such as retaining walls, foundation stem walls, structural slabs and similar intended to be constructed under the pool permit
- You may choose to master file your engineered pool construction plans for $225.00 and eliminate the need to submit signed and sealed drawings for each submittal. (https://docs.palmcoastgov.com/departments/building/Swimming%20Pool%20Master%20File.pdf)
- Complete site-specific construction plans signed and sealed by a Florida licensed professional engineer for pool screen enclosures if applicable.
- Completed City of Palm Coast combination Total Dynamic Head calculation (TDH) / Energy Efficiency Compliance worksheet.
- Survey / site plan (Check our records - http://records.palmcoastgov.com/)
- Total area (sq. ft.) and dimensions of pool, pool with pool deck and / or pool with screen enclosure.
- Dimensioned setbacks to all property lines from the closest point on all sides of pool / pool with deck and / or pool with screen enclosure (including landings at enclosure doors).
- Pool plans (a general pool plan drawn to scale or dimensioned with more information than the site plan that shows details of the proposed pool project including):
- Pool area, water features, spas, steps, rails, etc.
- Pool deck area and materials and dimensions between edge of pool and edge of pool deck or screen enclosure (if enclosure provided).
- Permanently fixed location of pool water alarm(s) if used
- Type of pool barrier (e.g. perimeter fence, screen enclosure, baby barrier, etc.)
- IF A FENCE IS TO BE ERECTED, THE PROPERTY OWNER MUST COMPLETE THE FENCE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM THROUGH THE ONLINE PERMITTING PORTAL PRIOR TO THE SUBMITTAL OF THE SWIMMING POOL PERMIT APPLICATION. http://www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building/ownerdocumentdetails/76
- Screen enclosure including door(s), door swing (out from pool), indicate doors are self-closing and self-latching with minimum height door handle above pool deck (54 inches) - if applicable.
- Equipment pads and door landings including dimensions
- If directly adjacent to existing open or enclosed lanai / screen enclosure / patio / patio roof then show limits of existing construction and indicate whether pool is open or closed by barrier from adjacent construction
- Where the exterior wall of the dwelling serves as part of the pool barrier and If utilizing window / door alarms, show location of alarms on all windows and doors of exterior walls
- Supporting documents
- Manufacturer's specification sheets for pool water alarms indicating compliance with ASTM F2208 or window / door alarms indicating compliance with UL 2017.
- Manufacturer's specifications sheets for pool entrapment protection equipment per ANSI / APSP / ICC 7-13 (13 IS SHORT FOR 2013 - THE LATEST EDITION REFERENCED IN THE CURRENT CODE. REFERENCES TO OLDER EDITIONS OR SIMPLY TO THE VIRGINIA GRAEME BAKER ACT NOT ACCEPTABLE. LIKELY REQUIRES YOU TO PROVIDE UPDATED DOCUMENTATION!)
- Landscape plan
- Name and size of any trees to be removed
- Visual buffer for any mechanical equipment and pumps (landscape or decorative fencing)
- Foundation plantings for front, side street and rear structures facing canals, lakes, golf courses, and public right of ways.
- Plants used shall be native or shall be vegetation that conserves water, is adaptable to local conditions, and is drought tolerant
- Proof of property ownership - recorded deed or property appraisers office printout
- Construction lien law affidavit - required for jobs valued greater than $2,500
- Notice of commencement (certified copy) this is required for any improvements to your property greater than $2,500.The notice of commencement is to be filled out, and recorded with the Flagler County Clerk's office in Bunnell. It is not required at the time of permit issuance, but will be required prior to any inspections.
To get an estimated cost for your project, please use our online fee calculator - https://www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building/fee-calculator
You may make application using our online permit submittal - http://www.palmcoastgov.com/eplanreview
(A signed permit application will not be required for upload if using the online submittal portal)