Quick Contact Numbers

Main City Number / Customer Service
(386) 986-2360

Animal Control
(386) 986-2520
Building Insp. & Permits
(386) 986-3780
Business Tax Office
(386) 986-3766
Code Enforcement
(386) 986-3764
Communications & Marketing
(386) 986-3708
(386) 986-3723
Human Resources
(386) 986-3718
Fire (Non-Emergency)
(386) 986-2300
(386) 986-3730
Parks & Recreation
(386) 986-2323

Flagler County Info Line
(386) 313-4111
Flagler County Sheriff
(386) 437-4116

Visit Contact Page

This page was printed from : https://www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building

Due to Covid-19, all permits must be applied for through our online permitting portal

Building Department Hours : 8am - 5pm

Search Scheduled Inspections

The 6th Edition (2017) Florida Building Codes and 2014 National Electric Code is effective for all permits applied for on or after December 31, 2017. An analysis of the changes between the 2014 & 2017 codes with comparison tables for each of the codes (Building, Energy Conservation, Existing Building, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing and Residential) can be found at the following link: http://www.floridabuilding.org/fbc/links_to_code_resources.html.

Electrical code information - http://www.nfpa.org/codes-and-standards/all-codes-and-standards/list-of-codes-and-standards/detail?code=70&year=2014.

Building Services is responsible for receiving building permit applications, assuring contractors are properly licensed and insured, reviewing plans for compliance with the Florida Building Code, routing applications to other departments for review, issuing permits, performing inspections and maintaining records.

Homeowner Permitting
Contractor Permitting

Permitting Application Documents
Pool Documents
Stormwater and Engineering

Per City ordinances, silt fencing and other erosion control measures (e.g. straw bales, etc.) need to be installed on all sides of the property prior to removal of vegetation / excavation activities. With respect to the front yard erosion control measures, they can be installed at the downstream end of any roadside swale adjoining the property.

Silt fencing needs to be maintained for duration of construction through sod and landscape installation.

Damaged or non-functioning silt fencing including that adversely affected by heavy rains needs to be promptly re-installed and maintained.

Plan submittal regulations and requirements
Helpful Documents and Information
Plan Review and Inspection Information
Zoning and Landscaping
Contractor Registration
How Do I Become a Contractor

Contracting construction work without a license is a serious offense in Florida, and there are a number of ways that you can get into trouble. Because the stakes are so high, and the penalties steep, it’s important to understand contracting in Flagler County / Florida.

There are two major contractor’s license in the state, Registered or Certified.

A Registered Contractor is licensed through a local municipality and may only practice within the city or local area where the test was administered and passed. The license is regulated through a local licensing board. You may be considered to work in another jurisdiction if they will reciprocate and honor the license issued. A local business tax receipt is required in any jurisdiction that accepts your license.

To find out what type of licensure is required to work in Flagler County: library.municode.com/fl/flagler_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=FLCOCOOR_CH8BUCO_ARTICOLICO_S8-5TYAUCO

To become a registered contractor within Flagler County, please contact the Flagler County Contractor Licensing Department www.flaglercounty.org/departments/contractor_licensing/index.php

You may be surprised that even though a state license may not require, a local licensed is required for the following:

  • Drywall Installation
  • Fence Installation
  • Paving (roads, parking lots, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, patios, driveways)
  • Stucco
  • Shed Installation
  • Irrigation Sprinklers (may be performed by a licensed plumber)

A Certified Contractor is licensed through the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations and is valid throughout the entire State. A local business tax receipt is only required in the jurisdiction of your business office.

To find out what types of licensure is required by the state: www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0489/Sections/0489.105.html

To become a Florida State Certified Contractor, please contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations - www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/construction-industry/

To see a list of locally licensed contractors in The City of Palm Coast, click here - www.palmcoastgov.com/search/contractors

If you are licensed and want to register your license with the Building Division - www.palmcoastgov.com/government/building

Utility Department

Application for water and sewer is made as a part of submittal for a new construction permit. Fees are paid at the time of permit issuance

How Do I request a PEP Tank installation?

The request is made in the same manner as your building inspections. All requests are made through the permitting system and the Utility Department will receive your request.

The PEP tank can be requested when the home is at the finished framing stage. This will allow the Utility to coordinate other components of the installation such as scheduling a bore if needed; coordinate with FPL to assure underground power is not placed in the construction boundaries, or to schedule for a pole hold if needed. This timeline will prevent any unnecessary damage to existing sod or landscaping and help the Utility to complete this process without delays in construction.

  • Pep tank site to be clear of construction debris (dumpsters, porta-lets, temp power poles, etc.)
  • Trees cannot be located within the tank site
  • A clean-out must be installed on the sewer stub-out by the house as a reference point to assure the tank is placed at the proper elevation. (stakes driven in the ground by the stub-out is not acceptable as a permanent mark)

How do I request a water meter?

The request is made in the same manner as your building inspections. All requests are made through the permitting system; the Utility Department will receive your request and a work order for installation will be generated. The request can be made once the permit is issued.

To make a request for the water meter, the following requirements must be met:

  • Permit issued
  • Lot cleared
  • Vegetation is cleared in a 5’ diameter around both front survey pins
  • Obstructions removed

Homeowners - Protect Yourself

If your contractor fails to pay subcontractors or material suppliers, they have a right to enforce their claim for payment against your property. This claim in known as a construction lien.

Detailed information may be found in Florida Statute 713 Part 1 http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0713/0713.html

If you have questions legalities of the Florida Lien Law, please contact an attorney for advice.


Building Official
Patrick Buckley Building Official (386) 986-3786 pbuckley@palmcoastgov.com
Deputy Building Official
John Boden Deputy Building Official (386) 986-2624 jboden@palmcoastgov.com
Building Services
Building Services (386) 986-3780 buildingdivision@palmcoastgov.com
Building Plan Review
Josh Munson Building Inspector (386) 986-4736 jmunson@palmcoastgov.com
Fred Reodica Building Insepctor (386) 986-4734 freodica@palmcoastgov.com
All Plan Review (386) 986-3782
Fire Plan Review
Lee Miller Building Inspector (386) 295-7300 wmiller@palmcoastgov.com
Building / Fire Inspections
Joe Colasanti Building Inspector (386) 585-2432 jcolasanti@palmcoastgov.com
Robert Martin Building Inspector (386) 559-0729 rmartin@palmcoastgov.com
Lee Miller Building Inspector (386) 295-7300 wmiller@palmcoastgov.com
Mark Gibson Building Inspector (386) 302-3457 jmgibson@palmcoastgov.com
Forest Willis Building Inspector (386) 503-9772 fwillis@palmcoastgov.com
Chris Piscitelli Building Inspector (386) 597-9959 cpiscitelli@palmcoastgov.com
John Delbonis Building Inspector (401) 640-4880 jdelbonis@palmcoastgov.com
Building Services Supervisors
Barbie Bembry Permitting Supervisor (386) 986-3785 bbembry@palmcoastgov.com
Zoning Services
Zoning (386) 986-3751 planningdivision@palmcoastgov.com
Zoning Plan Review
Estelle Lens Planning Technician (386) 986-2655 elens@palmcoastgov.com
Alisha Mobley Planning Technician (386) 986-4733 amobley@palmcoastgov.com
Jacqueline Gonzalez Senior Planning Technician (386) 986-3753 jgonzalez@palmcoastgov.com
Planning Plan Review
Damaris Ramirez Planner (386) 986-3750 dramirez@palmcoastgov.com
Bill Hoover Senior Planner (386) 986-3744 bhoover@palmcoastgov.com
Planning and Zoning Supervisors
Ray Tyner Deputy Chief Development Officer (386) 986-3745 rtyner@palmcoastgov.com
Tracey Doak Zoning Supervisor (386) 986-3751 tdoak@palmcoastgov.com