Arbor Day Celebration
The Arbor Day celebration will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at Central Park in Town Center, 975 Central Ave. Palm Coast's love of trees and commitment to environmental sustainability will be celebrated at the day-long event featuring a tree give-away, butterfly release and tent, entertainment and fun activities for all ages. Admission is free, and all activities are free. Food and beverage and products from vendors will be available for purchase.
Attendees can exchange canned food or pet food items for a free three-gallon native hardwood tree (while supplies last). Boy Scouts will be in attendance to help you get your tree to your vehicle.
The Native Butterfly Release will be at 11 a.m. at center stage. Other fun activities are planned for all ages, including entertainment by VertiFit Aerial Arts, DJ Vern, a bigger-than-ever butterfly tent, petting zoo, crafts, free professional paper-shredding, "green" vendors and expert advice from a Master Certified Arborist. The Avian Reconditioning Center for Birds of Prey will offer shows and have an exhibit. Participants who completed the Mayor's 90/90 Challenge for fitness will be recognized and receive their prizes.
Back by popular demand will be performances by the City’s Recyclasaurus and Velocirappers dinosaurs!
New this year: Star Wars-themed Green Technology demonstrations featuring drones.
For more information, call 386-986-3722.
What’s Happening This Year
Everything is free except snacks (food) and vendors selling products!
- 9:00 - 9:15 Arbor Day Welcome by DJ Vern
- 9:30 - 10:00 Awards: Mayor's 90/90 Challenge
- 10:00 – 10:30 Audubon Bird Walk
- 10:10 - 10:30 Epic Battle: Jedi Recycle-a-saurus vs the Darth Velocirappers
- 10:30 - 10:55 VertiFit Aerial Arts
- 10:55 - 11:00 Butterfly Pick Up for Release Central Stage
- 11:00 to 11:15 Native Butterfly Release Taking Flight
- 11:00 - 11:45 Arbor Day Fun with DJ Vern
- 11:45 - 12:15 FPC Aeronautical Students: Rebel Alliance with Drone Students
- 12:15 to 2:00 Arbor Day Fun with DJ Vern
- 1:00 – 1:30 Audubon Bird Walk
- The Flagler Audubon Society will offer free bird walks in Town Center
- Shelldon and Shelly from the Daytona Tortugas will make a special appearance
- Performances by the Recyclasaurus and Velocirappers dinosaurs
- Petting Zoo - Critter Caravan
- Hay bale maze
- Butterfly tent and the 11 a.m. butterfly release
- Star Wars-themed Green Technology demonstrations featuring drones
- Free kids’ crafts
- Tree give-away
- Wildlife from Central Florida Zoo
- Take your picture in our life-size Eagles Nest
- Recognition of participants in this spring’s Mayor’s 90/90 Challenge
- Train rides
- DJ Vern of Pyramid Disc Jockeys and Surf 97.3 FM will provide the DJ entertainment for children's games, dancing, line dances, limbo and hula hoop contests
- VertiFit Aerial Arts performances
- Shows and exhibit by the Avian Reconditioning Center for Birds of Prey
The Tree Tent opens at 9 a.m. A Master Certified Arborist will be in the tree tent from 9 a.m. to noon, offering free guidance on proper pruning, placement, planting, root shaving techniques. To get the free tree in the tree tent, bring a non-perishable food item (human or pet) to trade for the tree. While quantities last!
Back by popular demand is the paper shredding service - it's free. People can bring your old documents for professional shredding! Plan to take advantage of this hands-free, uncomplicated process as totes will be wheeled to your car to help unload your paper and bring it to a chute that dumps all of it into a shredder. For the free shredding service, acceptable items include: staples, paper clips, spirals, notebooks, expired credit cards, check books, folders with small prongs with small amounts of metal/plastic. Unacceptable items include: batteries, three-ring binders, binder clips, hard drives, X-rays and large amounts of metal/plastic. Shredded materials will be recycled, with the ink and color removed to produce new paper towels, tissues, etc.
A big thanks to our last Arbor Day Celebration sponsors.
Palm Coast, FL 32137