Palm Coast - It's almost time to change your clocks - to "fall back" an hour to Eastern Standard Time. The City of Palm Coast has a landscape irrigation policy for EST that aligns with watering restrictions issued by the St. Johns River Water Management District.
The City would like to remind residents that from Sunday, Nov. 5, through Saturday, March 10, 2018, residential and non-residential (business) customers may water lawns and shrubs according to the following provisions:
- Irrigation is limited to one day per week
- Odd-numbered residential addresses irrigate on Saturday
- Even-numbered residential addresses irrigate on Sunday
- Non-residential (businesses) irrigate on Tuesday
- Users of private irrigation wells may irrigate at any time on their designated day except between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Users of the City's water system for irrigation may water only between midnight and 10 a.m. on their designated day
- Irrigation is limited to 3/4 inch of water per irrigation zone and to no more than one hour per irrigation zone
- Hand-held hoses equipped with automatic shut-off nozzles and drip systems/bubblers are allowed at any time
- The use of reclaimed water is allowed at any time, but when reclaimed water is available, the use of private irrigation wells is not authorized
These restrictions apply to water withdrawn from ground or surface water, from a public or private well or pump or from a public or private water utility. They do not apply to irrigation using reclaimed water or stormwater. Restrictions and exceptions can be found on the City of Palm Coast website at www.palmcoastgov.com. Search for "watering restrictions."
For more information, call Palm Coast Customer Service at 386-986-2360.