This page was printed from : http://www.palmcoastgov.com/green/programs
Other Green Programs
A few other things we're working on...
- Cooperative testing of LED street lights with FPL to study cost benefits and performance.
- Test plots at the Palm Harbor Golf Course to evaluate more environmentally friendly and lower cost fertilization practices with the use of photosynthetic microorganisms.
- Recycling sewage sludge from the City's water treatment plant and combining with ground up yard waste to make a compost suitable for landscape and agricultural use.
- Studying the cost benefits of retrofitting or replacing motors, pumps or other electrical/ mechanical equipment to provide lower electrical consumption and lower operational costs.
- Using solar power when practical (currently we now have two irrigation controllers and one monument sign lighting operating totally on solar power).