Proud of Our Green City Hall
The City is incredibly proud that Palm Coast City Hall, which opened in October 2015, was awarded LEED certification at the Silver level for design and construction that demonstrates high performance in sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. Palm Coast's is the fifth City Hall in Florida to be LEED-certified.
The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
"Buildings are a prime example of how human systems integrate with natural systems," said Rick Fedrizzi, CEO and founding chair, USGBC. "The Palm Coast City Hall project efficiently uses our natural resources and makes an immediate, positive impact on our planet, which will tremendously benefit future generations to come."
Some key features and accomplishments of the City Hall development include the following:
- Drought tolerant landscaping, including a rain garden, served by a high efficiency irrigation system using City reclaimed water.
- Conveniently located reserved parking for carpooling groups and low‐emission/fuel‐efficient vehicle users. Refer below to find out if your vehicle qualifies to use the low‐emission/fuel‐efficient parking spaces.
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures throughout, at least 40% more efficient than required by code.
- Energy efficient building and site lighting, overall at least 20% more efficient than required by code.
- Use of more environmentally preferred building materials and interior products with better indoor air quality attributes.
- Refer below to access a document containing additional City Hall green facts and practical ideas you can apply at home!
- Also refer below to contact us for more information or to schedule an outreach tour or presentation regarding City Hall and the City's various Green initiatives.
Want to learn more? The City Green Team is happy to help! Please just complete & submit this form online and one of our team members will contact you within five business days.