CPR and First Aid Training
The City of Palm Coast Fire Department offers CPR and First Aid Training
- We will provide workbooks for you to borrow the day of the course. However, we highly recommend you purchase a course workbook. The American Heart Association recommends that each student review the course information for two weeks prior to the course. Workbooks can be found at : http://www.aha.channing-bete.com/
- The youngest age for which we can offer a course is 13.
- All courses will start at 9:00 a.m. We ask that you arrive a few minutes ahead of time. A brief description of each course follows this section.
- A minimum of six persons is required for each course date. If fewer than six persons have registered, each person will be contacted to reschedule.
- Please review the courses listed below. A list of dates follows each course description.
- For further information on any of the courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare Provider (Cost - $50)
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide to a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, effective and timely manner.
Examples of those who may need this certification are as follows: EMS personnel, physician assistants, dentists, nurses, respiratory therapists and others who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course.
The 4.5-hour course is video-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate in, practice, and complete various skills and learning stations. We will provide a workbook for you to borrow during the course. However, we recommend you purchase a workbook two weeks prior to the course and review the information. Please click here to purchase a Healthcare Provider workbook.
This course will be located at Station 25. The address is 1250 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, FL 32164. The dates for this course are as follows:
January 20, 2017
April 28, 2017
First Aid and CPR/AED (9am-4pm) (Cost - $5)
Heartsaver First Aid is a 7-hour classroom course (includes 1 hour for lunch) that is designed to meet OSHA regulations. The course teaches basic first aid skills such as :
- Giving CPR to an infant, young child, or an adult
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Using a mask or barrier device
- Stopping bleeding that can be seen
- Helping someone with a possible sprain or broken bone
- Making sure the scene is safe
The course is video-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate in, practice, and complete various skills and learning stations. We will provide a workbook for you to borrow during the course. However, we recommend you purchase a workbook two weeks prior to the course and review the information. Please click here to purchase a Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED workbook.
This course is located at the Fire Station 25 Classroom .
June 24, 2017
August 26, 2017