2035 Comprehensive Plan and Vision Statement
The Comprehensive Plan documents the City’s overall policy for growth and development. Specifically, the Comprehensive Plan includes goals, objectives, and policies to:
- Guide future growth and development within the city (such as general location and allowable densities and intensities of land uses)
- Discourage the proliferation of urban sprawl
- Protect vital natural resources, such as environmentally sensitive lands and aquifer recharge areas
- Enhance community character through architectural and design standards
- Identify needed public services and revenues based on projected population and employment growth
- Meet community expectations regarding other important issues, such as sidewalks, streetlights, housing types, and other issues.
Within the Comprehensive Plan is a Vision Statement created by the citizens of Palm Coast over the course of several public workshops on the Comprehensive Plan. The Vision Statement summarizes the City's ideal future --- a future that focuses on preserving and enhancing the natural environment and quality of life that initially attracted the City's residents.
Palm Coast strives to be a unique and vibrant city recognized for its...
- Exceptional quality of life
- Attractive job opportunities, diversified housing, and superbly designed commercial areas
- Valued natural, recreational, and cultural resources
- Exemplary public facilities and services
- Responsible growth and fiscal planning
- Responsiveness to meeting the diverse needs of the citizens
- Friendly and welcoming manner towards visitors, residents and businesses
Adopted April 6, 2004 (Ordinance No. 2004-08)
Updated: July 6, 2010 (Ordinance No. 2010-07)